Learn How To Launch and Run The Ultimate Genius Hour Experience in Just ONE Day
The 1-Day Genius Hour Program is a speed-learning masterclass for teachers, coaches & learning leaders. Right now, get lifetime access for just $99 (Normally $198)
(50% Off For Limited Time)Enroll In Our 1-Day Genius Hour Program Now
"This is one of the best professional development opportunities I have ever been a part of!" - Kim C.
"The kids were so excited and so engaged. To top it off my principal left saying, 'That was awesome!'" - Stacey B.
"This is clearly the best $99 I have ever spent. The resources are fantastic. Highly recommend." - Cammy N.
The Ultimate Genius Hour Blueprint
Everything you want to know about launching & facilitating a Genius Hour Project that engages and empowers (while hitting all your learning targets!).
Part 1: Preparing for Genius Hour
The Why and Research to Support
- Diving into the benefits of student ownership and agency
- How to master skills with various types of content
- Connecting standards and the inquiry-based research to real-classroom practices
Laying the Groundwork
- How to talk to colleagues about Genius Hour and the game of school
- Building a bridge with parents and the community ahead of Genius Hour
- Developing a series of scaffolding practices and activities that help prepare your students
Part 2: Getting Started with Students
Introducing Genius Hour
- Scheduling time for Genius Hour and connecting it to your specific course/class/curriculum
- Outlining the process, framework, and learning goals for students
- What do to in the first two lessons to introduce the concept for students and prepare them for success
- Using inquiry or student interest to kick-off the learning process
- Developing a list of choices and using a passion-bracket madness activity to identify your top picks
- The pros and cons of partners, groups, or individual projects (and how each can work)
- The process you can use for shark tank pitches with any age group of students
- Identifying the four main parts of each project: What students will learn, why they will learn it, how they will learn it, and what success would look like
- How to use positive peer pressure to level up projects
Part 3: Research and Learning
Research For All Ages
- Moving beyond KWL charts and double-entry journals
- Building collaborative processes for research across multiple domains
- How to use online tools and sources to identify real research using the CRAPP Test
Finding and Using Mentors
- Identifying potential mentors from the community
- How to connect to mentors from around the world that can help students with their project
- Documenting the mentorship process and creating win-win scenarios
Documenting The Learning
- How to create a group blog and individual blog (and why video may be better)
- Using the "Epic Failure Board" concept with your class to spark more sharing
- Creating your class video channel and sharing in the wild (steps to stay safe)
Part 4: Creating, Making, and Launching
From Brainstorm to Prototype
- Creating with Design Thinking and LAUNCH Cycle
- The various types of making and identifying which is right for your project
- A step-by-step process for managing expectations and moving from idea to product
Creating Products For An Audience
- Building something for yourself vs someone else
- How to use empathy maps and discussion prompts to understand your audience
- Identifying different ways to create (physical, digital, event, movement etc) - and which are possible in your situation
Part 5: Presenting, Assessing, and Reflecting
Presenting Your Learning and Product
- A step-by-step process to present short-form content in-person or online to tell your learning story
- Choosing which type of presentation to use based on your age and time situation
- How to use Genius Hour presentations as a way to bring the learning community together
Assessing and Reflecting on the Learning
- How to use the GRIT Rubric (as well as other options) for process-based assessment
- The benefits and drawbacks of reflecting in-private or in public (and how to do a bit of both)
- Sending a reflection to your future self, and why it matters
- Coming up with an action plan for continued learning
What's Included In The Course
Value Packed Video Tutorials
This course includes 7+ hours of value-packed video tutorials and resources designed to make Genius Hour a success in your classroom!
Templates, Slides, and Resources
The ultimate resources for any teacher, coach, or learning leader. Whether you are designing your first Genius Hour Project, or a inquiry-based veteran, our resources will help!
A Community of Learners
That's right, you'll get connected with other teachers, coaches, and leaders that are running Genius Hour in their classrooms and schools!
Meet Your Instructor
Hi - I'm A.J. Juliani and I've spent the last two decades as a teacher, instructional coach, and administrator in K-12 classrooms trying to figure out what gets kids motivated to learn. After years of doing one-off projects with my students at the end of units (with limited success), I started a true project-based learning experience and it rocked my world as a teacher -- seeing my students fully engaged and committed to the learning process was something I'll never take for granted!
In 2012 I released Inquiry & Innovation in the Classroom. It followed years of work leading workshops on Genius Hour, 20% Time Projects, and Inquiry-based learning in schools around the world.
Today I'm sharing all my Genius Hour experience, resources, and secrets in this program so you can do the same with your learners in 1/100th the time!
Who This Course Is For
- You are an Elementary teacher (we share exact strategies, slides, and resources you can turn-key with young learners)
- You are a Middle School or High School teacher (we break down the specific ways to use Genius Hour in your subject area)
- You are a learning coach, administrator, or organizational leader (our program is created to take Genius Hour to the next level and even implement it into your school's curriculum as we did)
See What People Are Saying About Our Workshops and Courses
Frequently Asked Questions
How Long Do I Get Access?
How does lifetime access to the course sound?
Do I Get A Certificate?
Yes, when you finish the course you'll receive a PDF of your Certificate of Completion (8 hours or CEUs). If you are in a continuing professional learning situation we can help with this as well!
Is There A Guarantee?
Absolutely. We have a 30 day money back guarantee! If you aren't satisfied for any reason at all you can ask for your money back in full within 30 days of the purchase.
Limited Offer: Three-Course Bundle
The total value of this bundle is $594! You get all three courses for just $149.
What you'll get:
- 1 Day Genius Hour Course
- 1 Day Design Sprint Course
- 1 Day Project-Based Learning Course
Note: This offer is available for a very limited time as a pre-order. The price will never be this low again.
This site is not a part of the Facebook website or Facebook Inc. Additionally, This site is NOT endorsed by Facebook in any way. FACEBOOK is a trademark of FACEBOOK, Inc.
DISCLAIMER: The sales figures stated on this landing page and discussed in the 1-Day Genius Hour program are our personal sales figures and in some cases the sales figures of previous or existing clients. Please understand these results are not typical. We’re not implying you’ll duplicate them (or do anything for that matter). The average person who buys “how to” information gets little to no results. We’re using these references for example purposes only. Your results will vary and depend on many factors including but not limited to your background, experience, and work ethic. All business entails risk as well as massive and consistent effort and action. If you’re not willing to accept that, please DO NOT PURCHASE THE 1-DAY GENIUS HOUR COURSE.